What’s the worst thing to happen to makeup lovers? Being on a budget!
I know this is a total first world problem but forcing yourself to not buy new makeup is really hard. Right now, I’m trying to save some money and have been trying hard to stick to my no buy budget.
Here are my tips for surviving:
- Try not to window shop – I know that’s impossible (especially for me) but window shopping just tempts you to buy something…even if it’s just one new lipstick.
- Set a budget – You’ll be able to control your money better if you set a monthly budget. I always leave some money aside in case I run out of a product. As long as you don’t buy new makeup all the time, your wallet will be happy.
- Don’t stalk sales announcements – Just like window shopping, hearing about a sale at Sephora can tempt you to buy. Sure, there might be some great steals but only buy if you’re restocking an item you always use (i.e. foundation, mascara, etc.)
- Set a goal or two – For the last month, I’ve been setting goals for myself. For example, try to not spend money on any new skincare for a month. It’s hard but setting a goal will help you feel more determined to save.
- Remember your needs – It sounds obvious but sometimes we forget. Ask yourself: Do I really need this? If it’s the latest Anastasia Glow Kit, you don’t need it. Sad but true 😣
I’ve been working hard to save money and it really is difficult when you’re a shopaholic. But it’s possible!
What is your experience with no buy budgets? I want to hear from you!
Thanks for reading, my loves 🙂 til next time