Starting today, I have a new weekly series every Tuesday called “Tuesday Tips.” Here, you will find tips about hair care, makeup and skincare. So let’s dive right in!
This week focuses on caring for your colored hair. A lot of beauties color their hair and it’s important to keep it looking healthy and gorgeous! Here are some tips for you colored hair ladies:
1. Shampoo your hair 72 hours after coloring your hair – This one is key! If you wash your hair right after getting it colored, the color will fade and a lot of it will wash right out. Then what was the point of coloring it, right? So wait to shampoo!
2. Use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner – This is also a really good rule of thumb if you don’t have colored hair. Sulfate strips out color and makes your hair look and feel terrible. I highly recommend using the Redken Color Magnetics Shampoo and Conditioner to keep your color looking flawless.
3. Don’t wash your hair in hot water – I like hot showers as much as the next girl. But when you’re washing your hair, turn down the temperature to cool. It doesn’t need to be ice cold but cooler water will protect your hair color from fading quickly.
4. Wash your hair less often – A common mistake beauties make with color-treated hair is washing it every day. Not a good idea at all! For one thing, your hair should have some natural oils, even if you have virgin hair, so going a couple days without washing is good for your hair. Washing your hair every day also makes the color fade fast. I usually wash my hair 2-3 times a week and my hair doesn’t fade for a while.
5. Always protect your hair when styling – If you curl, straighten or blow dry your hair, definitely invest in a good thermal protection spray. Heat is another quick way to make color fade, so protect those locks as much as possible!
Tune in next Tuesday for more tips from me!
Thanks for reading, my loves 🙂 til next time